Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Room

I'm not entirely sure I know you well enough to invite you in, but here's a peek nonetheless. I've got a lightweight chocolate brown quilt that I put on during the summer months, but during the winter I have a comforter on my bed. Cover by Ikea. And yes, that is a single person bed. It's also the same bed I've slept in since age four. It's 1/2 of a bunk bed set (my sister has the other half at her house). Am I revealing too much about myself? Probably. But I think we're already past that.

The key to a good night's sleep is to be surrounded by books. That is why so many college students are able to fall asleep while at the library. I keep all my favorites and "currently reading" by my bedside.

 The wall color is called Aquaduct by Sherwin Williams. I watch a lot of squirrels totter on the edge of that fence outside. They're adorable. That is, until they attack.

Whoops, here's an accidental peek into my bathroom. You weren't supposed to see that until tomorrow. But now you know what color I adore.
See that picture of two girls walking? It's a chalk drawing of me and my sister. If you look carefully at the photo of my short bookcase, you will notice a framed photograph of the same image sitting on top. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are giving a virtual house tour. I also can't wait for you to come over on Sunday. How is 2pm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is behind your bed on the wall? Whatever it is I love it!!! I really need to use more blue hues, I always like them in other places but I don't use them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, hanging behind my bed is a woven mat. I was going through a strong Asian-decorating stage when I bought that for the floor of my bedroom years ago. It kind of came unraveled at one end (the end hiding behind the headboard), but I still like the earthy tones, so I tacked it up with a few small nails. I quite like it. A bit of a bungalow feel, ya know? Also, on top of the bookshelves beside my bed are bamboo placements that have been joined together, but you can't really tell in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails