Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Open up nice and wide

I went to the dentist today. While sitting in the chair, I had to think of the Owl City song "Dental Care."

When hygienists leave on long vacations
that's when dentists scream and lose their patients
(or patience?)

And you know, I have some really great news. No cavities. But I also have to get my wisdom tooth pulled. They gave me a referral for an oral surgeon, which is just terrific. The last time I went to the oral surgeon he pulled six of my teeth and then retired the next day. Seriously. Then I ate yogurt for ten months.

 Also, some other information: the dentist now takes your blood pressure. I was 92/57, which apparently is practically dead. Comatose people have like 60/35 or something. See for yourself.


I guess this may explain why I fainted for no reason that one day while teaching, and Amaya had to call the office via the intercom for help because I had bashed my head into the filing cabinet on my way down.

But whatever. I got a new toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails