Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hey all you Martha Stewarts

If any of you are talented at crafting, I could use some ideas. On December 17th the fourth and fifth grade classes are doing a winter craft exchange, and I have no idea what to do. I have to teach the craft 3 times to about 24 students, and I have about 45 minutes to teach the craft. The materials aren't provided, so it either comes out of my pocket or my classroom budget, which I'd rather not spend on foam penguins for other teacher's students. Basically, I need something cheap and easy to do, like a prostitute. The materials I have on hand are: construction paper, popsicle sticks, glitter, cotton balls, tissue paper, and pipe cleaners. Let me know if you come up with a brilliant plan. I got out of doing this last year because it snowed so bad that school was canceled for the week before break officially started.


Oooh, I have a lead. I'm going to look in my book I Like You by Amy Sedaris. She has funny crafts that are cheap and you make out of household stuff.

P.S. On a totally random and unrelated side note, is it creepy if you e-mail/Facebook/blogstalk someone you haven't seen in person for a while to let them know you've been thinking of them? I want to say something, but I feel like it's been so long that it would be weird now. Maybe we'll just do this: If you've wished that I have been thinking of you, then I have been. No, seriously. Chances are I have. Especially if you're a person I haven't seen in a long time. Miss you. Maybe you should say something to me first--I promise to not think you're creepy.

2 comments:

  1. Joelle it's not creepy at all. Who knows? Your kind words may be EXACTLY what they need to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft idea - 3D snowflakes. They look awesome and all you need is paper, scissors, tape (or glue), staples and string if you want to hang them up. Check out a youtube how-to video.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails