Friday, September 4, 2009

When I had maid service

I bought a toilet scrubber today. Exciting, I know. This is the kind of life I lead on Friday nights. I was at Target for the 5th time in the past 7 days, picking up things like shower rods, toilet wands, batteries, and rugs. Picking up the toilet scrubber reminded me of the short time in my life when I had maid service.

You see, there was this one time in New York where I was doing an internship for Teen Vogue and my friend/roommate and I got maid service once a week. Okay, so not exactly. But my sophomore year of college I lived in an on-campus apartment with three other girls. We had two bathrooms and one cleaning lady who would come scrub the loo. It was fabulous. I never had to worry that the porcelain throne would look less than royal. All I had to worry about was my psychotic roommate who stole my toilet paper because she would never take a turn buying it. Picture Olivia from MTV's The City with black hair and that's what she was like. Only weird. Because for a short time she kept flushable baby wipes in the bathroom and I think she wiped with them. Like maybe she had baby-type poo or something. She also jabbed peaches and beans down the sink with a knife, but that's a different story for a different time. Actually, I think I already wrote about that one time.

Right now I'm doing stupid things like checking out the web page of "It's on with Alexa Chung" and thinking Lenay Olsen should have gotten the job, but Alexa is fun I guess. I'm also uploading dumb videos from last weekend's family camp-out. Here's a preview. It gets more exciting in the following videos, I swear. Or maybe not. You'll see things like my sister being really bossy, me crafting costumes out of car trash, and me waving to passing cars. And then there is my favorite segment, the one that I replay four times because it makes me laugh so hard. But you'll have to wait for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails