Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From the Files of...

It's another diary entry from my childhood, so you can see what a goon I was. This entry reveals that as a child, I was a compulsive liar and felt I had to make up false things in order to write an interesting paragraph. Let's digest this. It's really a model for writing.
mar. 14, 1994
Sana had green pupie's. Start your intro off with a bang. Something totally outrageous works well. Be sure to include excessive apostrophes to distract the reader from your outright lie.
Stacy and Cory are coming over tomorrow. Squeeze in a true, yet boring fact next.
I like our new children church techer. Mention how you go to church, and therefore you must be a good person who never tells lies. This increases your reliability and will make your readers trust you.
easter is coming up. In case your readers are still apprehensive about the truthfulness of your statements, mention something else God related, like the resurrection of his son.
I saw a purple rabbit.
Finish off with a zing. It doesn't have to be true, but your readers will think it is, because you've been building up their trust this whole time.


And that's how you write a good paragraph. Wait. Now that I read it over, maybe I was trying to say something else in the first sentence. Senna (not Sana) was our dog, and maybe I was trying to convey that she had green poopies, which would make a lot more sense, even if it is more disgusting.

Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible! What a candid writter (both now and as a mini-person)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails