Monday, September 21, 2009

I stapled my finger to the wall on accident

I know I've been inconsistent on posting for oh, the past two months or so. I apologize. But I've come up with a plan.

Like a soccer mom planning the week's menu on Saturday, or those super lazy/much too dedicated people who cook everything for a month and then stick it in the freezer, I've prepared all my blogs for this week in advance. I've got six ready to go, and I vow to post one each day.

For now, let's talk about how clever I am at crafting bulletin boards. I never did a single decorative bulletin board all last year. I know. You're saying "but Joelle, I thought using die cuts and butcher paper and putting it together neatly with a border was what teaching is all about."

Like a kid trimming the crust off his PB and J, I cut the frills off in my class. I don't frame student artwork, I don't use a ruler, and I definitely don't measure out the space between letters on posters. Thus, the below display will probably never be recreated by me ever again, because it took 2.5 hours on a Sunday to do. Who has that kind of time to waste on cutesy stuff? I confess, I only did it because I didn't want to be the one teacher who had nothing outside her door for Open House, which is tomorrow. Impressions are everything.

Behold, my first non-educational display.
If you don't think it's that amazing then don't tell me. I prefer to live in denial about my cleverness.

Coming up this week:
Tomorrow--How sometimes I write fake dialogue to myself
Wed--Fake Interview with a Real(ity) Celebrity: Survivor version
Thurs--Home Ec
Fri--Surprise
Sat--Fake Interview with a Real Celebrity: Corbin Bleu
Sun--Mateo's Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails