Friday, July 22, 2011

Grandma e-mail 101

My grandma is pretty hip. She's quite athletic and fashionable compared to both her peer group and my peer group. I kind of want her to get together with my friend Casey's Nana, because I hear that Nana wears glitter and spray on tanner. Her and my Gram would probably become best friends. Anyway, my Gram has a Wii and knows how to play it. I'm pretty sure she has an iPod. This is much advancement for someone who grew up without indoor plumbing. Despite her progress, sometimes my Gram still needs some technological assistance.

Two weeks ago I sent her some addresses to websites with printable coupons, because people in retirement need to watch their money so as to leave an inheritance for their favorite grand-kids. I sent her all the addresses and told her to copy and paste them into her search bar. I got this message in response:

Hey Joelle, Thanks for the coupon Info but where is my search bar?? is that like your contact address book???
This is teach Grandma e-mail 101 help!! lol.

Oh Gram, how I love you. I wrote her back and explained where to find the search bar, because I'm pretty sure there is not a search bar that lets you search for your search bar. It's kind of vital to web navigation. I also linked up all the addresses so all she had to do was click on the blue words.

Grammy, if you are reading this then I applaud you on your skills to find my blog site again, without an e-mail link. Can't wait to see you in August. : ) Love you!

3 comments:

  1. By "search bar" do you mean "address bar"? I know those are one and the same in chrome, but in internet explorer/firefox I'm pretty sure they are two different things...I'm not sure about safari...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Technicalities,
    Thank you for that bit of clarifying info. I suppose I should have called my grandma up to ask her what browser she uses. My parents still use a glass picture frame connected to a spin-dial phone to browse the web, so who knows what Gram uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be an asshole, I just wanted to clarify because I was a little confused as to whether you were having your gram search for some terms or paste a URL in... even if she pastes the URL into the search bar (if she has one), the intended website should be the first search result, but I thought it might be causing extra confusion / complcation to her internet use if she is ... I guess as long as she's getting where you're sending her it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails