Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things to do while you are homeless

Pat me on the back because for dinner I fully ate a salad with vegetables in it and everything. And I have intentions of eating fresh veggies everyday this week because I spent about twenty minutes washing stuff and chopping it up and putting it into little baggies. As soon as school is out (June 12th could never be so far away), I plan on going on what I have named the Great Summer Veg Out. Besides relaxing, I am going to quit eating microwavable pasta that comes in a box. I will go to the farmer's market and buy berries and veggies and all the good stuff that you know you should eat but don't.

In other news, I am still waiting for the bank to call to see if they will accept the short sale offer. I will be homeless in 30 days, so it would be cool if I knew the whole house buying thing is going to work out. The thought of holing up with the 'rents for half a month does not sound favorable, even though they have AC. What will happen (and it will, without a doubt), is that I'll end up spending the days that I am there out on the tree farm. These are the sort of trees that offer zero shade, because they are so small. So it will be hours in the hot sun weeding, pruning, irrigating, and tying trees. My parents will say "We'll let you stay here, but you need to help with the trees." Unless I make up some fake job I have to go to. In which case I will have to find some place to go during the day. Unless a miracle happens and I close on a house by the end of the month. Let's pray, shall we?

Ten days of teaching left. Really, nine, because like I'm going to teach on the last day? I think not. Half the day is field day, and we'll spend the morning cleaning and doing read-alouds and painting pictures of summer with watercolor. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails