Monday, May 18, 2009

Grown-up Stuff

I met with a parent today for 45 minutes. The assistant principal sat in. Words were exchanged. One can only pray to God that my suggestion will yield positive results. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon. Said parent is coming in for two and a half hours to sit right next to her son, because said son cannot work independently, even if his life depended on it. And I'm sick of him distracting my class. She was worried that her presence in the classroom would 1) embarrass her son, and 2) cause a blow-up. I told her I was willing to take my chances.

Called my realtor today at 4:30. By the time I got home after going to the gym, he e-mailed me 18 listings. I like people who are on top of their business. Unfortunately, since graduating college I have become a slow e-mail responder. I used to be on top of things too, but then the district started sending me upwards of 45 pieces of mail a day, and I can't handle it all. I'm doing drive-bys of the houses tomorrow and then letting him know which ones I want to see the inside of. This is a big deal. It kind of freaks me out. This is what I would consider a rash decision, even though I have been thinking about it for months. I just always thought I'd wait until next year.

P.S. I have a sunburn. My kids are fascinated by this, because they just turn brown for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails