Saturday, July 26, 2008

Flight 29 Down/LOST

I am fairly certain that Discovery Kids' TV show Flight 29 Down is basically an exact replica of my current favorite TV show, LOST, minus the freak polar bears. When I was house sitting for my aunt last weekend I watched her cable, and she gets a lot more channels than I do (I currently receive zero channels, because our cable has been cancelled for the summer). I was watching TV at her place when I stumbled upon the show Flight 29 Down. I basically fell over in her couch. Flight 29 Down stars Corbin Bleu (of High School Musical fame) and features ten students who crash landed on an island. Of course, the only adult (the pilot) died. So it's a bunch of kids trying to survive, and I can't help but think Corbin Bleu is supposed to be like Jack's character in LOST. You know, all "We live together or we die alone." And I mean, I guess a LOST Jr. show would be good for kids since it's so popular with adults, and would be more appropriate for the younger crowd, but I can't help but feel a bit robbed. It's like in the third grade when your friend tries to convince you that RoseArt crayons are just as good as Crayolas. We all know they're not.

If you want to look more into Flight 29 Down, go to http://kids.discovery.com/fansites/29down/29down.html and if you want to know more about LOST, watch some episodes at http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=7&pn=index&cid=rm+evergreen+google+Lost .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails