Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When Chandeliers Break and Heaven Falls

I kept thinking about this, about how I could forge Beautifully Broken and Crescendo together. When a chandelier meets a music note, I wondered, what happens? And what does this have to do with me? And where does God fit into this? Sadly, most people who write poetry on blogs run the risk of sounding like a sappy goon. But I figured it didn’t really matter. 

When Chandeliers Break and Heaven Falls
I’m in a room where the ceiling is lifted
It’s lifted so high it seems like heaven falls
Down around me.
I see marble pillars, gold, and velvet
The floor below is black and white.

We’re all chandeliers
Suspended in the air
Made of crystal glass
Refracting rainbow light.

I am a chandelier
Hanging above this ball room.
Below the music plays.
The notes echo
The tempo quickens
I can feel it reverberate in
My soul.

Adagio, Legato, Staccato
I listen to the measures.
I am waiting for
                                        o
                     d
                 n
              e
            c
         s
      e
    r
C

The moment that takes them all.

When the burst of music blooms
When the rumble fills the room
It seems like heaven falls.
I forget
I’m made of glass.

I love the sound of crescendo
But it does something to me
That changes me.
Fortissimo!

I shatter
I fall.

Ten-thousand sparkling bits
Lying broken on the floor
Waiting for Him.
Waiting for Him to sweep me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails