Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Legendary Homework of 100

I warned my students that parent-teacher conferences were coming up, and that they better start turning in their homework, because I would be talking to their parents about it. This kid never did turn in the homework that was assigned, but he did write this. I was so enthralled, I'm thinking about giving him credit anyway.

Click on the photo to enlarge for readability.

and then of course you must read the back.
My favorite reason is in the middle, near the apparent bite-mark. "I will not be a secret-agent if I don't do homework."

2 comments:

  1. The kid, though perhaps a little recalcitrant in returning homework, was obviously moved and gave consideration for his lack thereof. Whether moved by Mom and Dad or his own internal struggle remains to be discovered, but, geez, what'daya gotta do to be a secret agent anyhow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Secret Agent Wannabe,
    Clearly, doing your homework consistently is not what gets you in, or I would've been an agent upon high school graduation. If you want to be a secret agent, what you have to do is:
    1) keep a good disguise box in the back seat of your car
    2) be able to crack codes
    3) be really observant of other people's behaviors
    4) be able to find information people are trying to hide.
    Also, it's good if you can run really fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails