Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Digg It!

And you should digg it, too!


What I am digging this week:

1) LetterMeLater.com I've been searching for something like this forever. On this handy web tool, you link up your e-mail account, and then you can schedule to send e-mails at a later time. I fully intend on utilizing this during the school year when it gets hectic. For example, I'm going to schedule a recurring email that is sent to my work e-mail address at 3:30pm every Wednesday to remind me it's trash night. You can also schedule to send texts to your phone. I'm thinking a "remember to do laundry" at 1pm on Saturdays would be very handy. While I primarily plan on using this tool to remind myself to do things (because while I frequently forget to do domestic chores, I never forget to check my e-mail 17 times a day), it's totally set up for you to e-mail whomever you want. Check it out, it's free!

2) Floorplanner.com Another free on-line tool, this site allows you to draw the entire floor plan of your house. You customize the room dimensions, add furniture and fixtures, etc. You create the thing in 2D, but when you are finished you can view your home in 3D! I am totally digging this since I am getting my first house very soon, and I plan on mapping out all the square footage. This would still be handy if you are changing the lay-out of just one room. And teachers, use this sucker! I also plan on mapping out my classroom (once I can get back inside to measure the dimensions) and effortlessly trying out a variety of desk placements. It's a dream! Check it out!

3) Picnik.com Okay, so I've been digging this for a while. It's free and you can edit your photos and make them look really professional. I am a horrible photographer, but I've managed to make some really awesome looking photos using Picnik. Use it!

4) Google.docs I think this article explains its functions better than I can, but basically you make documents on-line and save them on-line, making it easy to access them from anywhere. This will be very handy when I start teaching again. No more e-mailing lesson plans from work to home to work again. If you are one of those college kids doing a dreaded group paper, you can also live edit your drafts. FREE!

5) Target. I always dig Target. They have everything.

6) Rachel McAdams. She's adorable! I am excited to see her in The Time Traveler's Wife, which comes out on August 14th. The film is based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger. I haven't read the novel yet, but I totally Wikipediad it and now I want to check it out from the library.

7) Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza from Papa Murphy's. Yum! This stuff is good. It has fresh spinach, fresh zucchini, fresh mushrooms, artichoke hearts, Roma tomatoes, onions, and cheese of course. It comes on garlic sauce but I get it on red because I'm not a fan of garlic sauce. My mom bought it the last two times, so we got it with half grilled chicken on one side because she's not a vegetarian. The delectable pizza is piled high with veggies and cheesy goodness and I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was recommended to me by my Aunt Bink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails