Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Schmuesday

Day two of teacher orientation: I'm all "I wish I could pull a Drew Barrymore," because after walking around West Salem high school all day and sitting in the desks, I kind of think it would be fun to flashback to high school for a week or two. Play the new girl who secretly has a bachelor's degree. Even though I could probably pull it off, I wouldn't want to pretend to be a freshman. I think disguising myself as a sophomore or junior would be the most fun. And then I could have an illegal (but not really since they were both over 21) love affair with Sam Coulson, the English teacher, just like Drew. I would probably fall over in my desk if Michael Vartan was my English teacher. There's a reason never to skip third period.


Instead of gossiping about fellow classmates at lunchtime like a high schooler, I instead learned about my health insurance choices. What a headache. So now I'm doing all this math, trying to figure out how a higher deductible but lower monthly cost compares to a higher monthly cost and lower deductible. Ughhh....how grown-up.

On my included life insurance policy, I have to name a beneficiary. Since I do not have a spouse, my obvious choice is my sister. I figure if I kick the bucket, she would be forever grateful for the big wad of cash I would leave her. Jess and I were talking about this a while ago, because she was telling me how I was the beneficiary on all her insurance forms. If you don't name a beneficiary, the default choice is this: 1) spouse, 2) children, 3) parents, 4) siblings, 5) estate. We were both like "why would we give our parents money before our sibling?" Because yeah, they're old, but they have considerably more money than we do right now, so if I were to die, I would rest in peace knowing my sister got paid off and can afford her mortgage. Versus my dad buying another boat. You may wonder where I am going with all of this...

Remember how my sister is engaged, which means she will eventually be married, which leads to a spouse? Yeah, that's right, I will no longer be the beneficiary on my sister's insurance forms. Unless, or course, she chooses me over her husband. Hasn't worked so far. Not that I'm expecting my sister to drop dead anytime soon. I'm sure I would launch into depression if she did. But whatev. She's still my number one.

Yesterday I discovered this sweet thing called Mygazines. All these magazines are uploaded online and you can flip the pages just like a real magazine. So if your local library doesn't get all the magazines you want to read, or if you are a man and are too embarrassed to check out Knitting Today, just browse online. It saves paper and money. http://www.mygazines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails