Thursday, August 14, 2008

Call me J. LO

…because I’m the wedding planner. I am practically living Jennifer Lopez’s movie character’s life, except that Matthew McConaughey has never saved me (or me shoe) from being run over by a rolling garbage receptacle.

My older and only sister is getting married. I was the first person she called to let know she was engaged; I’m going to be her Maid of Honor, and I’m her unofficial wedding planner. This is because I am more organized than she is.

Thus far I have called several venues in search for the perfect reception site and have gone dress shopping with her. She thinks she’s going to get married in November or December. I thought that wasn’t much time to plan because when I initially talked to her she was thinking spring. But Jess’s fiancé has two brothers who are in the military and they will be out of the state by February and she wanted them to be there.

I’ll be honest and say I AM WAY FREAKED OUT, and I’m not even the one getting married. I am considerably less freaked out than I was the day she called me to announce the news. Now I’m sort of having fun helping Jessamy plan. Who knows if I’ll ever get married, so my sister’s wedding could be the most important wedding in my life, considering she is my only sibling and we are practically twins (but not really because we’re really different although we pretty much had an identical childhood).

I more or less have to get any desire to plan a wedding out now, because I might never get to plan my own unless I meet James Franco and convince him to marry me (but not the James Franco from Pineapple Express, because I don’t do drugs. The James Franco from Tristan + Isolde because Tristan was way hot and had to deal with that whole “I loved you first but now you’re my best friend’s wife and I have to do what’s right” thing). However, if I cannot convince James Franco or even a non-celebrity to marry me, this problem could be solved with $9.99 and a trip to Office Max. I was at Office Max yesterday and was browsing through the computer games (trying to find educational ones for my classroom) when I stumbled upon Dream Wedding. In this game, you get to go to the bridal mall and pick out your dress, shoes, cake, flowers, centerpieces, and all that stuff. You also get to create bridesmaids to resemble your friends and choose their dresses. Additionally (and this may be the best part), you can choose your future husband, his groomsmen, and design their tuxes. All for $9.99. So if you don’t have a fiancé, it’s not even a problem. Just create a virtual one. Genius.

This weekend I will try to write about my classroom, because I finally got to see it this week. It’s totally 70s. I also need to tell you about how I went rollerblading with Sierra and then I got injured and had to ice my butt with a bag of Petite Peas. I have a video of it (not the icing of my butt, but of the actual rollerblading). So you know, more later if I don’t melt into a puddle in this heat.

2 comments:

  1. Joelle, hush up about all this "if i never get married nonsense". I have half a mind to go wake you up and smack you 'til you realize what a fantastic catch you are! :) But you are right about one thing in this blog: the heat is a killer. And because of that, I won't wake you and remind you that it is currently 12398 degrees in our house. No, I will save that for tomorrow.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to our site... and OF COURSE you'll get married one day. You just haven't me the right one yet.

    (Trust me, I know these things.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails