Sunday, August 24, 2008

Real Life starts tomorrow

In less than 24 hours I start my real life adult job of being a teacher, which is both exciting and terrifying. I won't throw up tomorrow morning because it's just in-service and there will be no kids, but on Sept. 3rd I will most likely barf. Great, right? So if you're the praying kind, can I make an advanced request for Sept. 3rd?

Last Friday my mother was amazing and helped me paint my classroom for 6.5 hours. We got it all done in one shot and it looks aamazing. If you don't think it looks amazing, then don't tell me, because I know it looks exponentially better than it did before. I will post pictures when my entire classroom is put together, which will prob. be the day before the kids arrive. My mom and I painted the room a combination of baby blue and this really pale blue that is almost white but is still blue. I am way excited because tomorrow I get to finish moving furniture! I had to hold off because I couldn't move anything against the walls that I was going to paint.

In other news, my cousin got hitched last night. His new wifey-poo is named Elizabeth (not Liz my roommate, btw) and ever since I first met her I've sort of thought she looks like Claire Danes. She's way precious. And they had delicious food for dinner. The whole thing was outside at Elizabeth's parents' property, which borders a creek. There were all these nice, shady trees, and luscious green lawn, a white tent, and those really fun colored lanterns.

BAHHHH. I have to get ready for tomorrow. Oh, sudden realization. This is the last day of my summer vacation. Not that I really vacated a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails