Saturday, August 16, 2008

The 70s ghetto

Whoever was the architect for the elementary school I work at should be shot. Or at least hung upside down and tickled with a giant feather. I have half a mind to go to public records and look up the architect's name. Seriously.

My classroom has only two permanent walls. The rest are those fold away walls. If I were to fold all the walls in, and the eight teachers connected to me folded theirs in, we would basically have one giant classroom the size of a football field. Clearly, the structural designer was some free loving hippie who liked the idea of community, taking away separation, and being one big happy learning family. Then there's that whole noise distraction thing.

The color choices preferred by the 70s hipsters definitely reflect their shroom loving attitudes of the 60s. I have photographic proof.
These are the really awesome mustard yellow cabinets. I think black or white or grey would've been more considerate for the people of the future.
Then we have the really groovy plastic orange chairs. Plus the red wall that I am going to paint over, because it has been scientifically proven that red makes people feel angry, and I don't want angry students. I'm painting it light blue, which has been proven to calm and relax people.
This is my glorious metal desk. You will need that bucket on the top to barf in when you look at this...
It's my stained, 70s rolling chair. It squeaks and is not comfortable at all. If you have a computer chair you don't want, let me know.

Here is a side view of the classroom. Wall color choice is awesome. Anyone want to help me paint next Friday?
This is the front of the classroom.
This is where I'm going to put all the naughty children. Just kidding, I store my overhead projector here. This is where all the fold in walls go when they're folded up (which will be never).
C6 baby! The place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails