Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twitter and FB in Bible Times

Last week in Bible Club, I read the story about how David had to go into hiding because King Saul wanted to kill him. The kids had a few remarks.

Me: David had 600 men with him. They were his friends and were loyal to him. Isn't that a lot of people?

2nd grader: Wow! It's like Facebook!

Me: Saul had an army of 3,000.

4th grader: Or maybe it's like Twitter. With all those followers.

Me: You're right. David's friends and Saul's army are a lot like Facebook and Twitter.

***
I had another conversation with a first grader while at work. I was helping him with some math problems, and he was getting stuck.
Kid: You know how I can count to 11?

Me: How?

Kid: I pretend like I have an extra finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails