Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome to my party!

Thank you for attending my virtual birthday party! You can spend as much time at the party as you want, I won't kick you out. Here are some games for you:

1) You can go play a pointless game involving my favorite ice cream. The goal is to help the fudge fish jump into the ice cream and not into the water. Plus there are fudge cows. So great, I know. Play at least one round. My score was 50. Here is the game.

 
2)  Here is an on-line pin the tail on the donkey. The donkey is so adorable! And no cheating, you better shut your eyes like the instructions say.

 3) And here you can be a super monkey and pop balloons with a dart while you are flying over the trees.

4) Here is a picture of my face. You can sing happy birthday to it.

5) Now you better go eat some cake or ice cream.

6) And then we need to have a dance party. Play this video and dance around the room. If you are getting wi-fi in a Starbucks, then you must dance in Starbucks. No exceptions. Not even if you are in a wheel chair.


7) Post a comment explaining what your most memorable birthday gift of all time was. It doesn't have to be your favorite. For example, if you received a monkey for your 10th birthday, but you hated that monkey because he stole all of your hats and then pooped in them, it can still be your most memorable birthday gift.

My most memorable birthday gift was a plastic baby doll I received on my 6th birthday. I had been coveting her via the child-targeted commercials on TV forever, and begged and begged my parents for one. They kept saying no. The toy was call Rub A Dub Dolly, and she had hair you could brush, clothes you could change, and you could take her into the bath. I had my birthday party with all my relatives and no one gave me Rub a Dub Dolly. But then after the last car left, my parents brought out a giant box and let me open it. Inside was the doll, and I was ecstatic. I played with her all evening and probably gave her seven baths. I still have her, though the eyelashes have fallen off of one of her eyes, her hair's all matted, and I've lost half her clothes so she is mostly naked.
I found this image on-line, but it is a spittin' image of her. Apparently eyelashes falling out was a problem for these dolls. This doll's hair looks better than mine.

Thank you so much for participating in my on-line birthday party! I'm gonna go eat some cinnamon rolls now. Or apple pie. Or maybe both. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to think of my most memorable birthday gift. Most likely it was the "Blessings Jar" Andrew Ahrendt made me for my 21st birthday. Although as a child, I suppose the one that sticks out to me the most right now was waking up the morning of my birthday to discover the doll I was cradling in my arms was no longer a black Cabbage Patch doll named Cynthia, but rather a long coveted WATER BABY! I was ecstatic! My sneaky parents swapped the dolls out in the middle of the night without me noticing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails