Thursday, November 3, 2011

Attn Suitors

I've had the most brilliant idea of my life. You know how in the ancient times kings would hold balls when their daughter was eligible for marriage? And suitors would come from far and wide to meet her and see if they had a chance with her? Remember how Aladdin posed as Prince Ali Ababwa to court Jasmine, and they fell in love and went on a magical carpet ride? I'm going to plan a ball like that. Or rather, I'm going to convince my parents to.


I got to thinking about this because I've started planning my birthday party (which is going to be on the oh-so-magical 11-11-11, even though my birthday is the 12th), and a certain someone with no filter asked me how I'd feel if X person showed up at my party randomly. This lead my brain to the hilarious possibility of a ball.

All of the single, non-smoking men from the area would be invited, and they would fight for a chance to gain my attention and dance with me. Instead of Cinderella, the story would be Ash Boy. And he'd come riding in a prize winning gourd, wearing glass Toms or whatever.

What do you think? Should I convince my parents to send out invites? Where should I hold my ball? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails