Monday, January 3, 2011

I changed my mind

During the fall I wrote On Proposals, where I shared with you a story about myself in college, and how I thought it was silly to have a dream proposal, because like it would actually happen.

Then I had an epiphany.

If I am ever able to convince someone to fall in love with me, then I have an idea for a proposal that would make my head spin.

Maybe the lucky guy and I are poking our noses around in vintage shops or something, and he's like "Hey, Joelle, what's that over there?" And we walk over to an old wooden desk, and sitting on top of the old wooden desk is this typewriter:


And there is a page stuck in the typewriter, and written out on the paper is a single line which reads:
And sitting on top of one of the vintage keys is an Edwardian style diamond ring, similar to this:

 And the lucky guy falls to one knee and tells me,

"You are the only one I've ever loved. Will you marry me?"

Of course I say yes. And then I ask:
"Do I get to keep the typewriter, too?"

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had done it that way when I had my chance a long, long time ago.

    I hope that whomever is out there for you doesn't miss his chance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails