Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Currently Reading

Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko. It came out in 2004, so I guess I'm a bit slow jumping on the bandwagon, but whatever. It's a young adults book (like ages 12-15ish), but it's good. Super good. It's one part historical (set in 1935), one part fiction, three parts witty, one part serious, one part baseball. I mean, thus far. I'm only on chapter 12.


Here's the opening line. "Today I moved to a twelve-acre rock covered with cement, topped with bird turd and surrounded by water."

One of my favorite similes  is "I want to be here like I want poison oak on my private parts."

I don't know what I can say to convince you to read this book. It's a Newberry Honor book. It is fantastic. Five star rating.

Also, if you are in to TV, LOST is on tonight. As in, hot doctor Jack Shepherd, Dharma initiative crap, Sawyer if you like that kind of thing, smoke monsters, numbers, and time travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails