Sunday, September 14, 2008

Classroom Pictures!

Sorry I am a liar and never wrote on Thursday. Let me get you caught up on the classroom news: basically, my kids are losing teeth like pirates with scurvy. I have had four kids lose teeth while in class. This causes a disruption because they hold the bloody thing up in the air for all to see and then freak out. This girl came up to the front while I was teaching and showed me her tooth, and I said "Okay, go back to your seat, I will get you a Ziploc bag to put it in in a moment." Because it's not like an injury. Sure, there might be some blood, but really, it's fine.

Last Wednesday I had my kids write a page called "What do you wonder?" It's my favorite writing activity because the kids come up with some really unique things. What they write can cause a lurch in your stomach, or make you crack up laughing. My favorites from two different kids were "I wonder who it will be, John McKain or Barack O'bottom," and "I wonder if I will ever get a goochie wallet." Fourth graders! Love it.

I finally took pictures of my classroom. It's already starting to get a bit messy, FYI.
Remember this ugly terror?

I painted it. Here is the corner. It's the check-in station.

There's the Self-Manager reward system, and the table where I pull small groups. I forgot to water those purple flowers on Friday, so they will probably be dead tomorrow.
This is the supply area.
Still stuck with mustard cabinets.

This is the front of the room.

Sadly, these are all of the books we have in the classroom. We're reading Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne and marking on the world map where Mr. Fogg stops while traveling.
My desk area. Notice you don't see a chair. This is because I sit on a giant body ball instead. Not that I've been doing much sitting.
That's basically my classroom. I didn't take pictures of the student desks, but their arranged in groups of four. Now I need to go grocery shopping so I can eat lunch next week, and I have to do lesson plans, so I will write later.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails