Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Comeback Kid

I'm teaching Bible Club again this year! During the summer many people asked me "Joelle, are you going to do Bible Club again this fall?" And I said I didn't know. Because I wasn't sure if I would have a job in the mornings that would conflict. Turns out I don't. After a flurry of interviews at the end of September, my over confidence became apparent. Nobody hired me.

I'm totally fine with this. If I've learned anything since quitting my reliable, salaried, health-insurance-providing full time job in June of 2011, it's that God will work everything out for the best. God will make a way for me to pay my bills. I basically took the lack of job offers as a sign to just get started with Bible Club.

We're meeting again at the elementary school where I used to teach. I'm starting out with just two days a week. I've got 17 kids right now, so I figure if I get up to 30 I will split and have a Monday/Wednesday session as well. I have some returners from last year, but a lot of fresh new faces. Lots of boys. This may get tricky, but I am pumped that so many boys want to learn about God.

I'm excited to see where God is going to lead me and this group of kiddos. Here are some stats from last year's group:

$25 per kid provided curriculum and supplies for 32 children to learn about God for 7 months.

29 Bibles given to children

16 verses memorized
 
11 worship songs learned

32 children reached

7 months of learning 
 
90 hours of instruction offered

1 God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails