Friday, October 12, 2012

We won't be settling down

If you choose to love me, there's something you need to know. We won't be settling down. There is fire in my soul and I am not willing to smother it. I refuse to let you compromise your dreams. I would never want you to say you gave something up for me. It's my hope that you would say "she added so much to me." Because, Darling, we may have a 9 to 5, we may live in the same house for years, but our lives will be an adventure. I have realized that when we are willing to say Yes to God for anything, that is when the adventure happens. God has miracles stored in his sleeve, and he's got things for me and you to see. We may live a life not knowing what might happen next. We may move every year, we may leave our family for months. But it doesn't matter. Because home is wherever I'm with you.

Some people fall in love, get married, and settle down. Not us. That won't be happening. We've got too much Truth to speak, and too much Love to share. We have Dreams to make happen and Hope to sing about. We won't be settling down. It wasn't Jesus' style. He went from place to place, upsetting the world. People followed him for miles to hear him speak, others plotted a way to put a cork in his mouth. He was a mover, a shaker, a world changer. No, there is not time to settle down. Not in this life.

There will be rest, I'm sure. Good meals with friends and lovely, lazy days. But there will be no settling down. The fire in our souls will not be extinguished. We won't ever say "Oh, let's just forget about it and pick something more secure." No, we will not. Because to be secure is to trust in Jesus. Our bank accounts may disappear, our bodies may fail, but God will hold us and take care of us.

No, if you choose to love me, your life will not be settled. I will shake up your life and I expect you to put mine in a head spin. And then we will both jump into the Bingo roller and let God turn us until something good comes out. 

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails