Monday, October 3, 2011

Things that cause me unnecessary anxiety

Here is a list of things I put off because I just don't want to confront them. This is due to my weird phobia of talking to certain people, even if they are nice people and have nothing mean to say. I am pretty sure I have a form of Aspergers that gives me an irrational uncomfortableness towards certain everyday situations. Unlike that new girl on Glee, I can't just say whatever the heck I want and follow it with "Sorry, I have Aspergers." Through introspective journaling and long talks with my rabbit, Roo, I am trying to pinpoint what part of my childhood this problem stems from.

I dislike:
  • responding to certain e-mails
  • Calling Comcast to get my bill lowered
  • making medical appointments
  • calling people on the phone for the first time that I have never talked to on the phone. I could talk to a person 8 times face to face, but when it comes time for me to call them, I clam up. This is why I prefer e-mail. I don't know what my problem is. Introversion, maybe.
  • wheeling my garbage can to the end of the driveway. Okay okay, so I'm not filled with anxiety when I do it, I just dislike it. Not because it's difficult, but because I seem to always forget on Sunday nights and then remember at 3am, so I have to hop out of bed, put on shoes, and drag it down the lane in the dead of night. And the sound of wheels grinding against the pavement probably wakes my neighbors and causes them to hate me, but what do I care? They park on my property like it's a Walmart lot open to RVs.
Do you have any irrational anxiety problems? Have you discovered what part of your traumatizing middle school experience this has resulted from?

    1 comment:

    1. My irrational anxiety: DIRTINESS. To the max. It stresses me out, makes me grumpy and causes extreme anxiety. Gahhh.

      Also: Taking cardboard out at work. There is just something I hate about wheeling that huge cart out to the cardboard compactor that sounds like it would squish you to smithereens. P.S. Totally supposed to start it every time to make it ready for the next person. Cofession: I NEVER start it. I hate that noise. Another confession: I will go to GREAT lengths to avoid taking out cardboard. Ridiculous.

      -Favorite fake cousin,
      Heidi

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails