Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Will Wait For You

Sometimes I really wish I had more soul. I wish I could have a rumbling voice and raise it with such enthusiasm that the whole audience gets chills. I wish people would snap their fingers when I say something clever. Basically, I wish I were black.

I discovered the wonderful poet and artist who is MissTerious Janette...Ikz (Mysterious Genetics for those of us who aren't cool enough to have a performance name).

I've watched this video like twenty nine times in the past two days. It's called I Will wait For You.

 My favorite phrases?

I called 911 but I was cardiac arrested for aidin' and abettin'...

Ready to sell my aorta for a quarter, not knowing the value of its use to me
Arteries so clogged with my will, it blocked His Will from flowing through me
So I thank Christ that his blood pressure gave this heart an attack
That flatlined my obscured vision,
Put me flat on my back....

You know, he's sorta kinda right, but sorta kinda wrong. His first name's Luke, last   name's Warm...

All he could whisper were sweet, empty, nothings...

He won't even come close
Our finger's won't even interlock
We won't even exchange breaths
Cause I have thoughts
That I've "saved as" in a file that God only equipped you to open...

I will wait for you
And I will know you
because when you speak
I will be reminded of Solomon's wisdom
Your ability to lead will remind me of Moses
Your faith will remind me of Abraham
Your confidence in God's word will remind me of Daniel
Your inspiration will remind me of Paul
Your heart for God will remind me of David
Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah
Your integrity will remind me of Joseph
Your ability to abandon your own will
will remind me of the disciples
But your ability to love selflessly and unconditionally will remind me of Christ....

But I won't need to identify you with any special Matthews or any special Marks, cause His word will be tatt'ed all over your heart.

Check out Janette at http://www.mysteriousgenetics.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails