Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mane Therapy

This post is about conditioner and hair and combs, so if you're a guy, you probably won't be interested. Unless of course you are Uncle Jesse/John Stamos or Billy Ray Cyrus. 

If you're my best friend Natalie, you know how much I whine about having to brush my hair. I think having dreadlocks would be the most convenient, though I don't think I could really pull them off. It's no joke that my new year's resolution was to comb my hair everyday. I had a checklist and everything. Sometimes it wouldn't get checked. I felt guilty because God has blessed me with so much hair and here I was complaining about it. I mean, I've got enough hair for three people*. I typically have my hair cut short (just above shoulder length or like ear length), but I've been liking it longer lately. Longer hair means you have to comb it. Blah.

Right now I feel like my hair and I have finally united as one, and we have formed a loving, respectful relationship with one another. Here is the therapy that helped us work through our problems:
From left to right
Palmer's Extra Virgin Olive Oil replenishing conditioner. I'm really glad I chose the extra virgin olive oil instead of the extra slutty olive oil. I don't like conditioners that sleep around.

Suave kids Detangling spray in double dutch apple
Yes, there is an octopus on the bottle. And he's jumping rope. But seriously, this stuff is AMAZING. Combing my hair is not such a battle anymore. It's more like like a tiff between an old married couple.

Suave dry shampoo spray
I've quit washing my hair every day. It mostly started out of laziness and desire to sleep. After I found out I could get away with it, I decided to push my limits and once I went three days without washing my hair.The third day is the day I used the dry shampoo. Where was this stuff when I went camping all those times in high school? Plus it smells delicious. 

Smooth 'N Shine Polishing instant repair spray-on polisher
I spray this on definitely the first day of freshly washed hair, and probably the bottom half on the second day. It makes hair shiny and smooth.

picks in a variety of sizes and colors
I used to just have one black pick, which came with the hair dryer that I bought in 1999. No joke. I keep the big pick in the bathroom and use it to comb my hair in the morning. I keep the medium pick in the shower and use it to comb through the conditioner that I put in my hair. I keep the smallest pick in my purse and use it when I'm bored at stop lights. Carrying a comb in a purse is a big deal for me--I've never done it before. Last time I used it, I was waiting for my gas tank to fill up at the 76. This makes hair combing less tedious, because I'm wasting time anyway.

*By the way, when my sister and I played Lion King when we were kids, I got to be Simba because I had such a lion mane. Jess was Rafiki. You know, because her butt was blue.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails