Friday, July 16, 2010

An HGTV Moment

For about two weeks I turned my garage into an HGTV design studio, where I re-painted and re-upholstered this ugly chair and three of its friends.
I think it speaks for itself.

And then I got to work and ended up with this.


The paint color is called Oasis and was left over from a design I did in my bathroom. The fabric is Indian Duponi silk, and looks mostly orange but shimmers pink in the sunlight. Let me just tell you that this project was not a two-day thing. Getting staples for my borrowed staple gun (thanks Natalie's dad) was a two-day thing. Sanding was a two-day thing. Painting was a five-day thing. And getting the screws to cooperate when re-attaching the seat was a two-day thing. But whatever. It's finished.

I added the chairs to my patio, which was quite blah, as seen below.


And then I got some more stuff to put it all together, and voila, here it is.

In the daylight...

And also,
at night. 

Here's everything I used:
old nasty wooden chairs, from a relative
Oasis paint, left-over from bathroom project
orange/pink Duponi silk, Hancock Fabrics
folding table, Target
orange and pink polka-dotted table cloth, is actually a flat sheet folded in half, and has been in my closet for years
Moroccan table lantern, Ross
mosquito net canopy, used to hang over my bed when I was a high school student
mini mirrored star, Target
bulb string lights, Craft Warehouse
various plants, Home Depot

It is pretty simple but took much longer than expected, because everything that can go wrong will such as:
*peeling paint
*having no staple gun
*having wrong sized staples for staple gun
*screws not going into side of house because my siding is practically made of steel
*having to borrow a ladder from my sister
*solar string lights not working, having to return them, and finding an alternative

But it is finished. Any one want to come over for dinner at dusk?

1 comment:

  1. It may have taken longer than anticipated, but I adore it! :) You have a gift my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails