Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 things to do before surgery

Wisdom Tooth Pulling Prep

1. Consultation w/ oral surgeon, who I discovered went to high school with my dad's cousin's wife. Check.
2. Prescription for 4 different drugs. Check.
3. Sign waiver of life. Check.
4. Find driver to take me to surgery appointment. Check.
5. Fill prescription drugs, which results in me lugging home a whole sack full of narcotics. Check.
6. Fridge full of yogurt, pudding, and applesauce. Check.
7. Books on bedside table (like my vision will allow me to read), CDs handy, journal next to bed. Check.
8. No food or drink for 6 hours before surgery. Uhhh, I still have like, four hours left to stuff my face and slurp up ice water. This is going to be super hard since it is basically 92 degrees outside.
9. Computer completely turned off so that while I am under the influence of drugs, I don't write any really emotional or revealing blogs or send hate/love messages. Not yet.
10. Mentally prepared to have my jaw chiseled and my arm stuck with a needle. Not quite.


This happens Friday at 8:15 am, Pacific Standard Time, people. Too bad I couldn't live blog it. That might be interesting. Especially the part where I'm knocked out and having psychotic visions.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. When I had my teeth pulled I hallucinated that I was at a spice girls concert while I was in the recovery room. Be sure to report back on your delusions :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails