Thursday, April 1, 2010

This is not a joke

Even though it is April Fool's day. I was really lame and didn't pull any pranks.

Just so you know, I got my new debit card in the mail today. If you don't know why that matters, you missed this. You know what else? After making the post of how it would be arriving in the mail, I was like now some creeper who reads my blog is going to stalk me and find out where I live and steal my debit card out of my mail box before I have a chance to check it. But they didn't. I beat them to it (probably because I don't have any creepers who read my blog. If I do, creepers, please identify yourselves). So now I can buy groceries again.

My fourth graders have their field trip to the capitol building tomorrow. They are soooooo excited. This year I got 4 parent volunteers to be chaperones, whereas last year I had none so I forced my own mother and friends to be chaperones (Thanks Mom, Britt, and Kaitlynn). Bad news is it will probably be raining buckets around lunch time, so we probably won't get to eat outside our look around the grounds that much. Good news is my bunch is much smarter than last year's group. They know Oregon was the 33rd state admitted into the Union, and that it became a state on February 14th, 1859. They know about the three branches of government, how a bill becomes a law, and that the golden man is a pioneer and not Paul Bunyan.

My kids got divided into groups for the chaperones, and they are coordinating outfits. Like, everyone in group 3 is wearing black t-shirts, and everyone in group 2 is wearing blue. My group is wearing green, because we like to recycle and promote earth friendly living. Or maybe I just made that up. But I'm sure they care. They are very conscientious. Tyler fully pulled an 18 page YMCA camp catalog out of the recycling today because he thought someone should be using it. And Raul always turns off the lights.

Confession: I was on the elliptical today at the gym, and the person next to me changed one of the TV screens to the food network channel. The host was making a scrumptious Easter morning breakfast, complete with waffles, strawberries, cinnamon rolls, and more. When I got home I made myself french toast for dinner. Stupid gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails