Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Get your life together

People say this a lot. “I need to get my life together,” or “He just needs to get his life together.” Like our life is a giant puzzle and we just need to hunt down all the pieces to put it together. This is what I think: sometimes we pick up the wrong pieces and don’t realize it until we’ve smashed and mangled and forced them to fit into our life. I feel like sometimes my right puzzle piece is turned up-side down, so I can’t tell that it is mine. And also, did a small dog or child eat a piece? Because it seems like something that should be here is missing.
--My journal 12/20/06

1 comment:

  1. i love the way you take the same things i'm thinking and word them a trillion times better than i ever could. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails