Monday, June 18, 2012

one year anniversary of freedom

Yesterday was June 17th, which marked my one year anniversary of not being a public school teacher. Is anniversary the right word? Can a person have an anniversary if they are not married or dating anybody?

June 17th was a big deal a year ago. I finished. I wasn't a quitter. I finished the school year and didn't give up. You have no idea how hard that was. As I reflect on the new life I have lived in the past year, it's amazing that all these great things happened. In the past year I....

*Spent glorious summer days being unemployed and floating in rivers
*Stopped having to take medication in order to sleep
*Stopped having dreams where people/animals where trying to kill/hurt me
*got a gmail account
*Started a business (small though it may be)
*Joined Hannah Brencher by becoming a letter writer with her project moreloveletters.com
*Became a children's church coordinator
*Participated in a three month discipleship group
*Met a teenage boy who didn't know how to read and tutored him
*Wrote curriculum for an after-school enrichment program focused on communication, digital media, and journalism
*Taught Bible Club to public school children four days a week for 8 months
*Was able to pay all my bills and didn't starve
*Joined a community group of girls from my church
*Had a social life with the BSG girls (Emily, we miss you!)
*Hosted a detective mystery party and a mustache party
*Wrote truth
*Scored a temporary job working full time with teens in an awesome program

But you want to know something that you might think is insane? Tomorrow I am submitting an application to teach middle school language arts in the fall. Part-time. It might turn out to be a yes, it might turn out to a no, but whatever happens, I know God's got me taken care of and that it's his best plan.

I'm looking forward to another year full of blessings.



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails