Thursday, December 8, 2011

still using the library computer

This is my fourth day at the library this week. I do not yet know the status of my computer, and whether or not the data on my hard drive is retrievable or not. I am too afraid to call my cousin and check because I don't want him to tell me it's a lost cause.

This whole not having a computer thing has lowered my dependency on Facebook and Pinterest. I also have 331 items in Google reader, but can't read them all in the short amount of time my library card gives me access to. So instead I've been reading actual books and magazines in the evenings.

I went to Best Buy yesterday to check out computers but no overzealouse salesmen rushed over to me, probably because 1) It's Christmas time and they are super busy selling gadgets, and 2) I was wearing my fingerless gloves that apparently make me look like a hobo.

In other news, Before School Bible Club has been going really well. I just finished teaching the second week of it. I think we gained 8 kids since the first day. I've got two really adorable kids (a first grader and a kindergartner) who I let in since they have older siblings in the club. The kids have been rocking out the memory verses and the games that we play to memorize them, and they are totally on point with the story re-tell and questions. My only problem is this whole getting to school by 7:45 thing. I haven't had to wake up this early since June. Last night I decided my new bedtime is 10:15.

Azarious has been making progress with learning to read and now he is fluently reading kindergarten level books. He finally got the "igh" and "ar" sounds down. I'm hoping to move up to the first grade books very soon. He's got all his phonics sounds down, and has learned 300 of the first 600 sight words. Plus his handwriting is improving quite a bit.

My rabbit Roo moved into the bathroom the other day because it is literally freezing outside. His water bottle had turned to ice, and I felt like a neglectful parent so I brought him inside to sleep on the rug. I had to lock him in the bathroom because that is the one place that has a minimal amount of surfaces to chew on. I've since moved him into an indoor cage in the spare room. The spare room might just become his room, though it is has also served as a crime lab.

I am taking a huge risk writing this but the guy next to me is really struggling with his e-mails. I've heard "You piece of junk," and "Oh come on," and "Piece of crap" muttered under his breath about six times now. In case you're wonder, he's using Yahoo. I had to surreptitiously peek over to see what it was he struggled so much with. But enough about him.

I have to go back home and then head over to my new place of employment to fill out paperwork. Yeah, a JOB. With an actual paycheck involved. But don't get too excited. The ins and outs of it are longer than I care to type right now, but basically it is part time work (which is great, so I can keep teaching Bible Club and Azarious in the mornings) and on flexible set amount of weeks terms. That was my decision. I was offered the job but had to say no due to about four different reasons. They wanted me so badly they called a few hours later with a different offer. So I said yes. I'll explain the whole situation later and tell you what the job entails. Point is, I will be receiving a paycheck for some dollars.

Kay. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails