Friday, December 9, 2011

how I lapnabbed my sister's computer

Oh my word. So it has been one week since my computer busted and living without my music and writing files is like living without thumbs. Right now I am sitting at my house on one of the bar stools, typing on my sister's broken laptop, which I convinced her to let me nab since she won't be waking up until one pm tomorrow. You may wonder how I can use a broken laptop. Well, it's just the screen that's cracked, which means there is this giant black splotch that looks like a bug hit your windshield and the line leads all the way down the screen, kind of like trickling blood. So if I make any spelling errors, it's because there is a portion of the screen that I can't actually see.

I asked my sister how she broke her lap top screen. "Did you use it as a booster seat when you went to Burger King?" I asked. Jessamy explained that "Travis and I were wrestling and Travis kneed it." To which you probably think "They were wrestling?" One might not ask any more questions regarding this alleged activity, but I actually believe that when she says they were wrestling, they were actually punching each other. This isn't a domestic assault case, but I know for a fact that my sister likes to put Travis in a head lock and Travis likes to pin her arms behind her back. I'm just thankful Jess has Travis to assault now, instead of me, because I had to endure a lot of head bashing as a child.

Today I convinced Travis to help me acquire a Christmas tree during his lunch break. If I didn't have a brother, I'd probably be hot glue gunning a tree together out of the pine branches that fell into my backyard. Right now it is all set up with skittle colored twinkling lights and ornaments dating back to 1985. I am very pleased at my decision to select a Christmas tree during the daylight, instead of at 9:30 at night in the back of a Muchas Gracias parking lot like I did last year. My tree from 2010 was so crooked that I had to prop it up with a stick on one side, and it fell over about every two days. This year's tree is as straight as a bean pole. It doesn't have any gaping holes either, unlike the mouth of an eleven year old waking up from a tooth extraction in the dentist's chair. 

Okay peace out. I'm gonna go to a coffee house to see my friends and listen to the talent of some lovely musicians.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what's the problem with your computer but you should use a Linux Live CD distro. Most of them come with all the basic programs like a web browser, text editor... it doesn't require a hard drive and you can access the files in your hard drive -this is true depending on the problem-.

    I have had all kind of problems with hard drives but in most of the cases you'll recover your files. Sometimes some sectors can be damaged and then the files located in those sectors will be almost impossible to recover but the rest of the files are safe. The other big problem would be a physical failure, I have seen a hard drive literally jumping a few centimeters but in those cases you should have heard some noises before. If this is the case there are companies that can try to recover your data -this can't be solved at home because to open a hard drive you need to make it in an isolated place free of dust in the air- but it's not cheap. I don't know how much would cost now but some years ago they asked me 1000€ and there weren't guarantees.

    Anyway, if you need the computer, remove the hard drive, give it to the person that is going to fix it and use the Linux Live CD -or DVD-, those distros are free and you can use some USB memory if you need to store something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails