Sunday, August 1, 2010

How did you get this number

I'm just about finished reading How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley, author of the hilarious I Was Told There'd Be Cake. Her new book came out in June and I immediately put a request on it through the library. I still have it right now but will likely return it by Saturday, which means then you can check it out. Provided you have a library card. And you know, live in a nearby zip code.

 This book doesn't actually address bears that much

How Did You Get This Number  features hilariously witty short stories, but they're called "essays" to make them sound more grown-up. I'm not going to try to give a summary to you, but this book is friendly to both male and female readers. None of that undead love crap.

Speaking of vampires, has anyone seen Huge? It stars Nikki Blonksy on ABC Family, but if you don't have cable or even basic TV, you can cheat and watch it on Hulu. Totally thought the part where the campers watched Phantasma was super clever. What an excellent parody. Anybody know what I'm talking about? You have to have seen both Twilight and episode 5 of Huge, "Movie Night." Somebody out there is laughing their pants off about this as much as me. They just don't read this blog.

Off topic but relevant since this happens tomorrow: I finally go to the doctor to see if my off-the-deep end low blood pressure is caused by an infection spread by French scientists and is going to turn me crazy or into a smoke monster hypothyroidism. 

Unless of course I show up and they aren't prepared for me because they thought my name was Joel and I was a man, and they are working behind schedule so they don't have time for me, but could I please reschedule for two weeks from now, even though I made this appointment three weeks ago? Oh wait, that only happens at over-priced salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails