Saturday, May 22, 2010

I got infected and now I'm a zombie smoke monster

Here's my problem: the season finale of Lost is on tomorrow. And it's not just the season finale, it's like, the big end. No more Lost after that. End of show. Gone. What am I supposed to watch after tomorrow?

It was like this with my other favorite show, Alias. Alias got me through the tought times of high school and part of college, and then it ended. Both Alias and Lost were created by J.J. Abrams, and both of them got way too sci-fi at the end. So it's not like Lost is great right now. And in Alias Sydney Bristow's long lost sister got infected and like turned into a zombie vampire or something at the end. Actually, come to think of it, that sounds like what happened to the people on Lost too. Sounds like a J.J Abrams trend. Just have your main characters get infected with something weird and kill them off.

In my depression, I started thinking about other shows I could get into. I thought of Flashforward, because it has Penny and Charlie from Lost in it. Plus, that guy who looks like Richard Alpert minus the eyeliner. I saw it a few times, but then stopped watching because it was one of those shows that you needed to start from the beginning with.

So last night I drove to Blockbuster and rented the first episodes of Flashforward, so that I could get all caught up and become a loyal viewer. I watched 3 episodes in a row. And then you know what happens to me today?

Brittany's fiance comes over and sees the DVD case laying on the coffee table and says "Oh, Flashforward. I think they just canceled that." I google newsed it and he's totally right. Here I am, wasting my time trying to get caught up on what I think will have to become my new favorite show, and then they up and cancel it.

All this to say I need recommendations. I like action, but not a lot of blood. I like mystery and suspense and having everything all linked up. I need something to look forward to in my week. I don't have cable, so it'd be nice if the episodes air on-line.

Basically, I'm lost.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails