Saturday, January 4, 2014

7 Reasons to Never Leave Home

So I've been on Christmas break since December 20th, which means I've been trying to catch all the lazy moments possible, because when life returns to normal schedule on Monday, things will get insanely busy again.

I had a stretch there for a few days where I didn't even leave my house. It really caused me to think about my life and how great it is to just stay home all day. It didn't take much thinking to come up with the
7 Reasons to Never Leave Home:
1) Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime Instant video streaming. There are so many things to watch. I've seen like five spy movies in the past eight days. It's much more exciting than going to Winco to buy groceries.

2) Your couch is right there. Chances are you purchased a really crappy couch off of Craigslist for $30. But maybe you have the most delicious couch in the Pacific Northwest like I do, and people come from far and near just to come lay on it. If you have ever spent time on my couch, you know just how hard it is to leave it. Every time I think about getting up, it begs me to stay just a little bit longer.

3) Sweatpants. They are hands-down the most comfy pants you can wear. When you never leave home, you can wear them all the time and there is no one to judge you (except for maybe your roommates who have realized you haven't gotten properly dressed for three days).

4) No need to do your make up or style your hair. This saves on time, money, and effort. Instead of wasting time to look presentable to the general public, you can spend time reading Lemony Snicket's new book When Did You See Her Last? Or you know, you could read the Bible, God's holy word.

5) You stay warm and dry. No rain. No ice. Now, I do know a handful of tight-budgeted twenty somethings who try to save dollars by wearing five layers of clothing and two pairs of mittens instead of turning on the heat, and these individuals may prefer to be at work where there is a consistent temperature, but I keep my house at 70 degrees, which makes it very difficult to consider facing the cold. If you are one of these tight-budgeted twenty somethings with a cold house and you'd rather be warm and sitting on a comfy couch watching The Avengers or episodes of Downton Abbey, I can invite you over. Just don't expect me to brush my hair.

6) Internet. Say you wanted to be productive from home. The internet allows you to do so many work-related things. You can send emails, do research, compose documents, access data, etc. Say you didn't want to be productive. Again, the Internet's got you covered.

7) Save on gas. When you stay at home it means you are not driving your car and using up expensive and environment polluting non-renewable resources. This is helpful because you can use that extra money to pay for pizza delivery. You also lessen your chances of death, because you are not in a tin can on wheels that could be t-boned at any minute. It's a win-win.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails