Friday, August 24, 2012

Behind the coats: Narnia?

Sometimes I write clever stories or really deep thoughts about life. This contains neither. Instead, I'm going to tell you about my latest petty dilemma that matters not at all. In fact, you probably shouldn't waste your time here.

I just found out my brilliant roommate who is a chemist just got a job with a pharmaceutical company and now she will get to make drugs. So in a few weeks, I'll have an empty room. These are my thoughts about said room:

1) I could find another roommate to pay 1/3 of the rent, as before.
2) I could turn the room into an office, because Lord knows I've got enough books and office supplies and files and whatnot to fill one.
3) I could turn the room into a wardrobe closet.

My life is tough, I know. I've wanted to turn one of my other rooms into a closet for just about ever, but I'm really not into fashion and hardly spend more than 20 minutes getting ready, so dedicating a 10 by 10 foot space just to my clothes seems really outside my personality. Maybe my imagination just wants to play Jessica Simpson for a while. You know, pretend like I'm glamorous and don't buy most of my clothes at Target.

In case you are wondering, (which I know you weren't) I actually do have a lot of clothes, mostly because I never get rid of anything and still have shirts from my high school years. So really what I need is an intervention from TLC's What Not to Wear. Then again, my sense of style might improve if I'm able to more easily see the options I have available. Or not.

The illogical part of my brain says "when will you ever again have a chance to dedicate an entire room just to your clothes? It's every girl's dream. Do it." But then the logical part of my brain says "Actually, you'll probably have this chance for a real long time. Because it's not like you have kids yet. Or a husband. Or even a date, for that matter."

During the times when my extra rooms have not been filled with rent-paying roommates, I've thought about other kinds of uses for them. Once, I thought about getting a dog for a roommate, and he could have had his very own space. Another time I thought about turning my house into a private school/tutoring center. I also thought about becoming a foster mom, but then realized yeah right am I ready for that right now. So the only thing my spare room has actually been is a mock drug lab.

 My question for you is, if you had an extra room, what would you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. My vote is for the roommate, mainly because I'm worried if you spread all your clothes out in a massive closet you might notice more when I steal them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. モンクレール ダウンは過去、人の目で残したイメージを解消していきました。最近はモンクレールはThom Browneと合作して、高級な男らしいラインMoncler Gamme Bleuvを作成してくれました。2009年の冬で、公開して、また、大成功をもたらしてくれました。この男性シリーズはモンクレールのデザイナーとAlessandra Facchinetti、Giambattista Valli が併せて、女向けのシリーズMoncler Gamme Rouが出来たあとで、はじめに、男のシリーズを公開してくれました。ですから、今回Moncler Gamme Rouge 2012-2013秋冬の最新作はあたらに、公開してくれました。その人気さはMoncler Mayaと差が一つもありません。

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails