Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Issue 6 of Things I Dig

There are a few things I’ve really been digging recently, and I wanted to share them with you.
1) Drop Box. This is really great for huge files you have that you want to email to someone, but you can’t because gmail won’t allow it. Put your stuff in Drop Box, then you can send it via a link to whomever. I use Drop Box to email all my volunteers children’s church curriculum, because the lessons are explosive in kilobytes.

2) Making mad amounts of lunches over the weekend. See, I’m a lazy chef, and I never seem to have time to put together a lunch (either in the morning or the night before). God help any future children I may have. Though I’m pretty sure I would turn into the kind of mom who cuts her children’s sandwiches into fun shapes and sneaks a little note in every day.

But back to my current single laziness, which I tried to remedy by doing this: I made four PBJ sandwiches and four burritos and put them in the freezer. Now I just grab one out in the morning when I’m in a rush. I fully realize that you can purchase frozen burritos for thirty-eight cents at Winco, but they taste disgusting. I use my favorite salsa (mango peach), black beans, cheddar cheese, and good tortillas when assembling burritos in my at-home Taco Bell. I wrap them up in wax paper, because it’s microwaveable. I’m proud to say I’ve eaten lunch three days in a row so far.

3) My Target Red Card. Did you know I save 5% on every purchase? And that I get free shipping if I order on-line? I’m not one to go out and get a card for every major store, but Target is my exception. I have a VISA and a Target  card, and that’s it for credit cards.


What’s something you’ve been using that makes life easier?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails