Monday, April 30, 2012

small life changes

So there's a tiny chance you've been like "Joelle, where you at? Why aren't you writing?" Because as of this current moment, it's April 30th and I've only written once. This is an all time low. Maybe you thought I was in the hospital or something, or maybe you've been like "Man, watching episodes of Modern Family on Hulu is much more entertaining than reading Joelle's blog." Despite your feelings about my lack off blog presence, I still like you.

But there have been some changes. When I logged in today to write this, I was surprised to see Blogger's new layout. You wouldn't know anything about this unless you also have a blog and use Blogger, and that's okay. It's just kind of a big deal to me and makes me feel lost. Kind of like that time that I managed not to go into Target for 24 days, and then when I did go in, they were re-modeling and everything was in a different location. FYI I was in Target yesterday. The remodel is finally complete and all the aisles aren't going to be moved around anymore. I'm probably the only person in the city who carries a store map of Target in my purse for a quick reference. But give me two weeks and I think I won't need it anymore.

I have some news for you, that you may or may not know about, depending on your personal level of communication with me. If you don't personally communicate with me, you probably should, even if you have never met me. Just saying. And I'm not saying you should talk to me because I'm super cool. I'm saying you should talk to me because you are probably super cool and should share your charisma with someone who is lacking in it.

So my news is that I landed a 40 hour a week job that will last through mid-August. In case you didn't know, I quit my job as a teacher last June and haven't worked full time since then. Until now. This gig is really going to help my bank account. Not that it pays oodles of dollars, but having any sort of income gets really exciting when you haven't made much in the past 8 months. Plus, I really feel like it was the right opportunity to take. I'm working with a teen program for The Boys and Girls Club that helps kids with job skills, financial literacy, college applications, scholarships, and motivation and support to graduate from high school. It's pretty stellar and I'm glad to be a part of it.

In other news, I attended a totally awesome 80s birthday party two weekends ago. Here is a photo for your viewing pleasure. It was super fun because all of the attendees are super great people.
I'm in the yellow, in case you forgot what I look like. Because you know, it's been so long. And that's my best friend in the spandex.


1 comment:

  1. Cheers to jobs, friends, and hot pink spandex. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails