Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Accountability Notebook

Being marginally employed has its downfalls. Like, I get home at 9:15am from teaching Bible Club, and all I want to do for like, two hours is read blogs and look at Pinterest. So yesterday I tried an accountability tactic that involved me writing down how I spent my hours. Knowing I'd have to document "watched YouTube videos of baby elephants" made me not want to do it as much.

 I felt very accomplished during some hours, like when I cleaned my room, did laundry, scrubbed the kitchen floors, and responded to e-mails. But then there was the 45 minutes I spent trying to futilely make a soap pump out of a mason jar. Does anyone have a metal hole punch? And there were the 25 minutes I fell asleep on my couch.

Tuesday afternoons I tutor a first grade boy, and yesterday I met his hermit crabs, Hermy, Wormy, and Twinkle. Twinkle has rhinestones glued to her shell. J also has two turtles. He informed me that one is a boy and one is a girl, and they will probably have babies some time, but they want to get married first. J knows that they want to get married because they kiss each other underwater, which is really adorable and romantic.

But this whole time documenting, thing, I'm telling you, it really shaped me up. Even though I didn't want to go to the gym, I did, because I preferred writing "worked out" in my little notebook than to write "watched two episodes of The Firm" down.

What do you do to stay motivated and productive while at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails