Monday, June 10, 2013

Things Youth Say

I spend a lot of time around many different youth of all ages. We have interesting conversations. 

Me: Are you going to college when you're older?
2nd grader: Probably not, because it's expensive. Instead I am going to own a shop and sell Sponge Bob things.
Seems like legit plans for a 7 year old.

Teen: Do you want to see my ex-boyfriend's mug shot?
Me: Okay.

Annabelle: I wonder how old you have to be to have kids?
(she's 5)

Me (referring to cartoon): Do you even know who Doug is?
Teen: Yeah, come on, we're not that young!

Kindergartner: I think Jesus is the only washcloth that can clean the inside and make you white as snow.
(aaahhh)

         One morning, while we were coloring pictures of Jesus and his friends, a 4th grader says "Hey, want to hear the grossest thing ever?"
          I had my reservations, but a 2nd grade little girl says "Okay, I'll listen." We then hear the grossest story ever. I won't share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails